Monday, January 1, 2007

Early bird...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

...gets the worm, or in this case, a minnow. (Can you see the fish wiggle in the bird's beak and splash and cause circles on the water's surface?)
So, are you up yet? Then I can yell out loud (those of you with a hangover, please cover your ears):

Bonne Anne 2007 - Szczesliwego Nowego Roku - Feliz Ano Nuevo!

"A happy New Year!
Grant that I
May bring no tear to any eye
When this New Year in time shall end
Let it be said I've played the friend,
Have lived and loved and labored here,
And made of it a happy year."
Edgar A. Guest

8 comments:

Olivier said...

Bonne année 2007. une année de DP qui repart, et le plaisir de passer faire un tour tous les jours à Naples.


Good year 2007. one year of DP which sets out again, and the pleasure of coming to make a turn the every day in Naples.

alice said...

Bonne et Heureuse Année à toi et à tous ceux que tu aimes, Isabella. Ce héron est superbe, ta photo me fait penser à ces magnifiques gravures de Audubon...

Anonymous said...

I envy you the exotic flora and fauna that surrounds you, Isabella. I look forward to seeing them through your eyes as 2007 continues. It's been fun getting to know you here at DP.

Kate said...

Okay, Isabella, who's singing on the recording--I love it and I want a copy of it, too. The heron is quite striking!!

Victoria said...

Beautiful, it looks almost like he is posing for you.

Gerald (SK14) said...

Please can I ask you not to embed music within your site that plays automatically. It is highly-distracting when one visits a site and one's eardrums are assailed, whether one likes the music or not.

By all means provide sound files but give your readers the option to turn it ON.

Otherwise I love your site.

isa said...

Gerald - thanks for your constructive criticism! In deference to you I lowered the volume from 80 to 40% and eliminated the repeat option.
That should be less assaultive;-))
Conversly, I have received quite a few compliments on the audio addition.
I guess moderation is the key...

Gerald (SK14) said...

Thanks for at least turning the volume down -- i tolerated it just now for half a minute before pressing my mute button.

About the alligator -- you'll have to get used the British [Curley & I} sense of humour -- always be aware that irony is impressed into everything we utter.