Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Theme day - City Exchange


Bienvenue Chez Isabella, en Provence, mon coin préféré...

OK, it's a big, fat lie! This is actually an "estate home", in our community in Naples.

But admit it, for a while there I had you believing you were in the South of France, n'est-ce pas?
(Oh, yeah, I can see you nodding your head ;-)

Today is DP Theme Day and at least 75 other DP bloggers have participated. To view their contributions, please click on the following places:
Monte Carlo, Monaco - Singapore, Singapore - Tenerife, Spain - Rotterdam, Netherlands - Montréal (QC), Canada - Melbourne, Australia - Naples (FL), USA - Bastia, France - Hong Kong, China - Mazatlan, Mexico - Buenos Aeres, Argentina - Manila, Philippines - Arradon, France - Madison (WI), USA - Evry, France - Seoul, Korea - Shanghai, China - Bucaramanga (Santander), Colombia - Sequim (WA), USA - Singapore, Singapore - Budapest, Hungary - Baziège, France - Hamburg, Germany - Toruń, Poland - Nelson, New Zealand - Madison (WI), USA - Vantaa, Finland - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Mainz, Germany - Dubai, UAE - Saint Paul (MN), USA - Cork, Ireland - Stockholm, Sweden - Menton, France - Tel Aviv, Israel - Albuquerque (NM), USA - Kitakami, Japan - Stayton (OR), USA - Szentes, Hungary - Stavanger, Norway - Grenoble, France - Villigen, Switzerland - Paris, France - Hyde, UK - Moscow, Russia - Joplin (MO), USA - Jakarta, Indonesia - Greenville (SC), USA - Cape Town, South Africa - Asheville (NC), USA - Seattle (WA), USA - Kyoto, Japan - Tokyo, Japan - Madrid, Spain - Auckland, New Zealand - Oulu, Finland - Lubbock (TX), USA - Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina - Baton Rouge (LA), USA - Sydney, Australia - Maple Ridge (BC), Canada - Vancouver, Canada - Seattle (WA), USA - Selma (AL), USA - Chandler (AZ), USA - Sharon (CT), USA - Manila, Philippines - Lyon, France - New York City (NY), USA - Los Angeles (CA), USA - Brookville (OH), USA - Hayle, UK - Wailea (HI), USA - Saarbrücken, Germany - San Diego (CA), USA

37 comments:

Kate said...

Wherever it is, it is gorgeous.

Nathalie H.D. said...

I'll play the knowledgeable French girl who wasn't even tricked for a second. But how beautiful anyway!

Isabella many thanks for your recent visit to my blog. Sorry I wasn't able to reciprocate, I have been away in Noumea for almost a week and just catching up today.

In the process forgot to enrol for the theme day but am participating anyway. Cheers!

Ming the Merciless said...

It is gorgeous!! The photo also resembles the spanish style homes in Hollywood.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

oh u did...but then i have never been to France.....so i was an easy victim..:)

Ben Nakagawa said...

Yap, I'm the one nodding my head.

alice said...

Yes, it could be for example les Issambres, near Saint Tropez, but something indefinable in your shot tells me it's far away from France...Bonne journée, Isabella! Et tiens-moi au courant si tu ouvres une maison d'hôtes dans le Sud!

Gerald (SK14) said...

sorry but I thought the driveway was far too even and clean to be really in France -- it lacks patina as the antigues experts would say.

can't deny it looks nice though!

Oya said...

It is nice, doesn't matter where:)

I am celebrating my 100'th post Isabella, stop by....

Jing said...

well..whatever it is in France or your city.
this is a wonderful beautiful place.

jing
shanghai daily photo

edwin s said...

Oh this is so beautiful! Thanks for giving me a slice of Provence, I mean Florida (or is it?)

Anonymous said...

I see your point. I do think there is a tad more sun in Naples than in Provence, but what do I know? I've never been to either place. :|

Anonymous said...

Oh my...and you also lie?

My Theme Day is of a city unto itself, with its own zip code, and a portrait of the "Peashooter" at the National Museum of the United States Air Force. Hope you like flying.

Dsole said...

wow! that's beautiful! What a blue sky... not a French one but it's ok ;)

Chuckeroon said...

Too, tidy. Not nearly charmingly ramshackle enough for France. ;-)

Anonymous said...

woooaa I believed you! It does indeed look like the South of France. This is so beautiful, it makes me want to go there right now :) Very nice posting.

Seda said...

Hi,
I am new in DP. Actually I didn't know today was the theme day. How can I learn these things beforehand?

Nice picture!

Janet said...

I wouldn't mind living in it.

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

I know Provence (even if not French) and I love it me too. Your photo really remind to Provence :-)

Lori said...

It does look very Mediterranean!

Z said...

Could be France, though I would think the driveway is too large for European standards... but then, it's not like I have experience visiting the über-rich! :-)

Felicia said...

France, Italy, or San Diego...I could live there! ;)

Monica said...

South of France or not I'd like to live there! Can we rent it for the summer? (as if...)

Anonymous said...

I nodded my head like one of the little dogs on the dash board of a car.

Jilly said...

Isn't it interesting how nearly right it is yet it's all wrong. Absolutely the driveway. And the windows with a horizontal bar. I've never seen a window like that down here. But - having said that, it's lovely and there I was - Nicoise olives on the table, wine opened, ricotta and spinach tortellini prepared for dinner. Lemoncello after, of course - so where are you, Isabella? You are late!

riniroo said...

I want to live there!!!

Check out my theme day photo,
www.cypressdailyphoto.blogspot.com,
I got in late to the list.

Have a great day!!!

Victoria said...

That would be an amazingly beautiful home no matter where it is!

Anonymous said...

How much do they charge? I'll pay in alligators!

kuanyin333 said...

I can't believe I tricked the famous Tricker herself! You must just be playing blond, right? :-) Happy Theme Day! I love this house btw!

Anonymous said...

hate to admit it, i did nod :p hahah ... Good photo,too!

Lavenderlady said...

Oh yes...I can smell the lavendar and herbs of Provence from the kitchen of this lovely home.

GMG said...

It could be Provence, anyhow. It looks so beautiful!

tfangel said...

Looks like one of the ones that was being built when i visited my parents down there. I had never seen such large houses being built and wondered what would happen when a hurricane hits. My parents pointed out that being on the gulf helps lessen them, but i still worry.

angela said...

I was so very nearly taken in but the windows are a giveaway and it is just a touch too tidy...
But it's certainly lovely.
Angela

nowhereman said...

thats a wonderful picture....looks like a fantasy land!

JAM said...

Such a beautiful place! I'd like to mosey by there with my camera, but they probably have someone there that would come out and break my knuckles.

JaamZIN said...

ohh yes.nodding a lot:)

Anonymous said...

great theme day choice! Love it.