Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Naples own


"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."
Abraham Lincoln (attributed)16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Most of you guessed my April Fool's joke in yesterday's post : it was one of the famous fountains from the Gardens of Versailles, France. Bravo Olivier, you were the first to identify it!

It's not like Naples lacks in that department - this fountain from the Third Street South even has some horses - but it does not pack the same punch, does it?

8 comments:

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Ahahah Great Isabella as usual !!!!

Olivier said...

bravo ;o))) mais cette fontaine est belle , c'est pour un petit Versailles

Bravo ;o))), but this fountain is beautiful, it's for a small Versailles

Nikon said...

It looks very nice, Isabella, (if not quite as grand as Versailles).
Thanks for your visit.

Peter said...

I arrived too late on your previous post... Spending a day at Versailles last week, I could have had a chance to "win"..., but I'm happy for Olivier!

Jilly said...

Well this is a nice fountain too, had we not see yesterday's! But of course it's also the angle you took it - one a close-up, this further away. Anyway very nice and thanks for explanation.

Anonymous said...

Not quite as grand, eh?
Sorry I only comment today. I visited yesterday but the photo wouldn't open.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man! I feel so stupid. But...maybe this will inspire me to visit that (yesterday's) statue. It's wonderful.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

grand it is not, but it is pretty :)
and just back from abe lincoln's place in springfield......so the quote had me smiling ...have a beautiful sunday....loved the bloom pics on your blog.