Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Day 2

For the past 2 weeks we hosted our good friends from Germany. We knew that they were both athletic and adventurous, but they totally wore us out!!! For the next few days I will show you just some of the things we did on their vacations!


Early one morning we piled into our friends rented convertible (cabriolet, as they call it) and took a day trip to Miami.
We spent most of the day ogling the beautiful people on South Beach and the beautiful Art Deco buildings off the beach.



Around midday, we had a scrumptious meal at Oriente - a Cuban and Asian influenced restaurant inside the Cardozo Hotel, owned by Gloria Estefan.

And yes, we enjoyed some mojitos before the meal ;-)

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous looking beach and meal! What great hosts you are.

Kate said...

Photographing food well is pretty challenging; I don't always find the snapshot appealing, but you did a super job with this meal. I'd like to share it with you. Lucky guests.

rc said...

pretty nice decorations on the beach...

keep waiting for more photojournalism :)

Janet said...

Great food, great beach and apparently great friends!

Chris said...

Oh, the beach. . . .The salad on the left looks WONDERFUL.

Random thoughts:
I think that 20 miles would constitute a neighborhood down there.

Sonny Boy's hand is in a cast, and he didn't want them to put a pin in his hand, so mom is staying put for a few more weeks. I'd rather have your weather!!

Nikon said...

I love the deep blue sky in the beach shot.
The food looks great. (Cuban/Asian sounds like an interesting mix.)

Ioanna said...

Nice decoration and food. Mmmm, summer! We have zero degrees here!

Olivier said...

il est très mignon ce cabanon sur la plage, très année hippies
it is very cute this shed on the beach, very year hippies

Peter said...

... and this is what you call an exhausting program? I think you are too spoiled, dear Isabella!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks good to me. Nice photos.

Jilly said...

this sort of beach scene makes me want to call the airline! Heaven. Mojitos sound good too! I loke the look of the salad on teh left too. I'm really enjoying this trip, Isabella. Can't wait for tomorrow.

edwin s said...

That's a cute lifeguard post and that salmon looks delicious.

GMG said...

Mojitos, Gloria Estefan... OK! But spending a night on that foggy beach, No, Thank You! Better a cultural break at Knossos! Enjoy!
Gil

JAM said...

I was thoroughly enjoying that amazing photo of the beach (I still love it when the sky is that blue) and then saw the vittles.

Yummy. I love me some grilled salmon!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

Gloria estefan owns quite a few establishments in Miami, doesn't she??? I thought the club Mango's on Ocean Drive was hers too!!!