Monday, March 19, 2007

Come along! #5

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is the fifth installment in a week-long series, where you can join me on a daily walk through my community. Comfortable shoes - mandatory! Floppy sun hat - optional ;-)

Well, you finally showed up! I've been waiting patiently, tapping my sneakered foot to the beat of Motown. All set? We are curving to the left, passing by the estate homes (this one's about $5M) and the golf course (watch out for errant balls!).

This is a good time to dispel some misconceptions about Southwest Florida. Look at that deep blue sky - do you know what is signifies? Yes, it is dry here today. As a matter of fact, our dry season is from October till May. Low humidity, no bugs, not many days above 85°F/29°C. Why do you think Florida is so popular during winter?

Summer...well, that's a whole different kettle of fish ;-)

15 comments:

Nikon said...

Hmm, isabella, a kettle of fish in Florida in the summer would make more people walk at a brisk clip.
What do you do in the summer?

isa said...

Nikon - I flee to more conducive climes ;-)

Kate said...

Why do we have to walk (whine)? I'd rather take the car we saw yesterday--it's too hot and dry now!!

kuanyin333 said...

Beautiful walking with you on your tour!

alice said...

Very nice place to walk but nobody 's out? Perhaps too early?

~tanty~ said...

A very nice, clean and comfortable place to walk. I would love to walk through your community with my daughters, and my hubby of course :)

Nathalie H.D. said...

Hey Isabella, you've been tapping your foot impatiently, but we do our best, working full time and still finding the time for a walk overseas! LOL

Jing said...

hey, isabella,
your roads series look wonderful, i like the first one, and the second one, and the third one, and ... oh, i hope everyday i can walk on that roads on the monitor!!
:D
hee hee....
and so nice weather there. I noticed that girl with the cooler Mules.I miss the time when i can wear them.

jing
shanghai daily photo

oh, thx for visiting SHDP....;)

Olivier said...

La "estate homes" est superbe (un peur chere non). pourquoi une partie rose et une partie blanche ? c'est pour differentier les hommes et les femmes ? ;o)

The “estate homes” is superb (a expensive fear not). why a pink part and a white part? it is to differentiate the men and the women? ;O)

angela said...

Magnificent..(sight)
And no bugs but alligators and panthers...
Tough choice.

Anonymous said...

Holy moley! That mansion is amazing! Weather sounds wonderful. During the winter. :)

Anonymous said...

5mil. for a house I wonder what I rent would be on just one of the small bathrooms?

Anonymous said...

Jeez, you're such a taskmaster, I'm coming, I'm coming. Looks like I'm almost too late.

As my niece in Sarasota says, in the summer you have air conditioning, and it's like winter in Michigan, only opposite. You just don't stay outside much.

Felicia said...

$5M?! I hope they have a pool. If you can afford that than you can afford living in San Diego! San Diego could be your summer escape... ;)

Oya said...

You are lucky to live there. Look at how sunny it is...